Merry Christmas one and all! I didn’t plan to do a blog post today, but as I’m sitting here enjoying it, I decided that I REALLY wanted to share this super decadent hot cocoa recipe with you, like… real quick! #snappy
I first discovered this cocoa last year, and let me tell you- DIVINE. This isn’t your mama’s Swiss Miss (Hi, mom!) Oh nooooooo, no. This chocolate is Thick like Beyonce, ultra creamy, and slightly bitter sweet (a good thing, trust me). We top ours with Whipped cream, and sometimes add some peppermint schnapps for good measure. So, CHEERS! May your next days be Merry & Bright, & chocolate laden.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but seriously- you’ll be sorry if you skip it)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, at least 70%, chopped*
- Giant bowl of whipped cream, for serving
- in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the whole milk, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and espresso powder until small bubbles begin to appear. Do not boil.
- Remove from saucepan from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate (pro- tip, you can use chocolate chips, HUZZAH!) until melted, returning the sauce to low heat if the chocolate isn’t fully melted. Serve warm, topped with loads of whipped cream (crushed candy canes are equally delicious).